Tuesday, November 28, 2006

La Cucaracha

Husband: Ever since you've been keeping the sink clean I haven't seen any roaches crawling around.
Yes we had/have roaches. Yes I'm a slob. Let's move on.
Me: Well, that's good.
Husband: Yeah, roaches are so gross because they can live as long as dogs.*
Me: DOGS!?! I think I'm going to barf. I believe it though, because there's this one roach that's my archnemesis. I've seen him in the bathroom, the kitchen...he sees me and he knows I hate him, and he hates me too. I can see it in his eyes.
Husband: Why don't you kill it?
Me: I'm afraid to. He's really scary looking. He's got these, like, fucked up wings, like he got into a fight with a cat or something. He looks like a bad ass.
Husband: Oh, I killed that thing this morning. WHACK! He's goners.
Me: My hero!

*I have not verified this statement.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Wow, now you got me wondering about the lifespan of roaches.

I have yet to see one in our house, but let me tell you about our mice. Yep, we've got mice. Lots.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger braiding mommy said...

HA! Good story. Hope your roach is dead. There was a cricket in the bathroom sink this morning. Sick. That thing could have jumped on me. It was a dangerous situation.

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Jenny said...

As long as dogs? Why does that kind of make me feel bad for wanting to kill all of them in the world?

Roaches and scorpions. Two things the world can live without.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous emma said...

All I can say is, having roaches is not your fault. However much you clean they still find a way of getting into your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home