Wednesday, September 27, 2006

At least I don't stink

This is the second time in about a month that I've pulled a clean shirt out of my closet, only to find out later, while at work, that it was actually dirty-like, with a big stain across the front. I'm not the kind of person who rehangs used clothes-I throw them in a big pile on the floor, so it's not like I'm rewearing already dirtied clothes. And I look at my clothes pretty thoroughly as when I wash them to catch any stains that might need special treatment. So what is going on here? Are gnomes coming into my closet and wearing my clothes in the night? Is my washer working in reverse? Do you think that's covered under the warranty? Does this mean I'm going to have to stop getting dressed in the wee dark hours of the morning?

Oh well, if this is the biggest problem I have, I'm having a good day.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Maybe your husband had an oily cloth or something in the wash that ran onto other clothes. I had that happen a lot when I lived with my father-in-law. He'd toss some kitchen towel into the washer after I started a load of my clothes, and my shirts would gather mysterious darkened streaks.

Stains are haunting me these days, too. I keep finding myself dripping salad dressing and stuff on my newly extended belly, and then forgetting to treat the spot before washing (and more importantly, drying) the shirt. I have little round oil stains on more and more shirts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home