Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Doooooohney

I'm not a label whore. Absolutely the opposite is true. You will never see me wearing t-shirts with the name of the store plastered on the front or even sunglasses with a logo on the side. I hate brands, and I hate when people wear brands to look "cool." I also hate things I already like becoming "cool," just like I hate when my favorite band appears on MTV thereby making it no longer my favorite band. I know, I'm such a rebel.

But there's one exception.

My Dooney and Bourke purse.

My husband gave me this bag the first Christmas we were together. I salivated over it for months. I don't know what it was about it-maybe the fact that Mischa Barton was the Dooney model at the time, and the first season of the O.C. kicked ass (although it now predicatbly fellates penis), maybe it was the fact that I thought an expensive gift would mean he really loved me (I used to be lame like that, ha), or maybe it was just because it's so darn cute. But I loved it, I got it, and I carried it every day everywhere for the last 2 1/2 years. It's white so you can imagine how gross it looked after so long. My husband finally convinced me to send it back to Dooney and Bourke, because they'll repair or replace it. I hesitated, becasue according to their website, they'll either repair it or keep the old purse and refund you half the purchase price. I didn't know how you could repair a dirty beat up purse and figured I'd just get the money. However, yesterday UPS delivered me a BRAND NEW PURSE!

Yup, Dooney and Bourke rocks. They didn't charge me anything, they just sent a new one. So, even though I have a label abhorrance, I heart Dooney.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger one smarmy mama said...

:)

Me too. I don't do lablels but I'm a sucker for bags.

Thanks for writing such a great blog, mama!

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Mother said...

That's good customer service. And I'm so saving up for one. I'm a closet expensive bag glutton. I covet them massively but carry cheap knockoffs.

Soon. I will have my own!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home