Monday, July 10, 2006

VAX: Part II Coming Soon

Last week we visited some friends, and one of them is studying to become a doctor. They told us about their "crazy friend" who refused to get her kids vaccinated, and we're like, uh, yeah, we're thinking about that too...anyway, he let me borrow one of his text books with a whole chapter on vaccines, why we need them, etc. He also claims that they have found out what causes autism, and that it's purely genetic, and couldn't be caused by vaccines. Although I think he's mistaken about the fact that they've found out what causes autism, because everything I've read said they don't know for sure what causes it, I'm VERY excited to read this book and present the "other side" of the argument.

It's been awhile since I posted because I've been busy, but the baby goes in for his six month check up at the end of the month, and he's due some shots, so I want to at least research as far as the shots he's supposed to be getting.

Also, here's an interesting article about the immune system and autism. I found it very informative and not too confusing.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger one smarmy mama said...

HI Hippie mama.....(yay hippies!)
Ok, so you asked me about vaxing. Well, my daughter is partially vaxed because I wasn't very educated about the whole issue when she was a wee babe. My son is not vaxed. I dont' worry about those diseases. In fact, my daughter GOT chicken pox and I'm glad. I'm lucky...we have good health insurance, my children are healthy, so I don't worry about those. Recently, I've begun thinking, though, about the fact that non vaxing parents are sort or relying on the MAJORITY of parents being vaxing parents. There may be things I rethink when I have another kid, I don't know.
http://909shot.com is a good start for vaccine issues. I have a HUGE problem with how much money pharm companies make off vaccines. I feel like they could probably make them safer but chose not to. I have no faith in "the man". :P

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium valium dosage for dental procedure - buy mexican valium online

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy Cytotec Online - cytotec purchase - buy cytotec in south-africa

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight cod order tramadol online mastercard - tramadol buy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home