Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Warning: This post is about boobies and the milk they make, among other things (other things in general, not other things boobies make)

I'm in that just pumped lull. As is breast pumped. As in, had to pull my boobies out in my office and pump the milk from them so I can feed the wee one when I'm not around. As in, I was on a roll, getting work done right and left, and then I had to do the boobie thing, and now I'm in that lull where I can't even remember what I'm supposed to be doing.

Dontcha just hate that?

I do. It seems like every time I get interrupted at work, it takes me fifteen minutes just to get back to where I was when I left off. ANYTHING can interrupt me, too. My husband calls. Someone needs to talk to me. The phone rings. I have a new email. Whatever. The pumping is, though, by far the worst distraction. Because there's not much I can do when I'm pumping, I go read blogs until I'm done. I can read all the blogs I'm interested in, more or less, every day over the course of the three times at work I pump. *Note-I just got interrupted right now. Even my interruption lulls get interrupted!* So for one thing, what's going to happen after I stop breastfeeding? Do I have to stop reading all those blogs? Or do I just have to unnecessarily waste work time? Hmm..moral dilemma.

Anyway, after I'm done pumping and reading, and I'm like, what was I doing again? I feel like just surfing the internet for the rest of the day. What's that? I have three more hours left? Well, I'd better get to work reading Pink is the New Blog then, shouldn't I?

Ok. It's time to end the lull. Maybe I'll post again in the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home