Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Of course it fucking rains

Since I'm a procrastinator before all else, I still haven't gotten my car window fixed. I haven't even called the guy to see how much it'll cost. I have done NOTHING to start the window fixing process. To me, it's just one more thing that needs fixing on my car. Also broken?
1. Front passenger seat belt (won't click into place; think perhaps there's a penny stuck in the thing)
2. Front right headlight (light is ok, plastic cover part broke to pieces when I ran into a car in our old apartment parking lot)
3. Both front seat levers that you pull to make the seat go forward so you can sit in the teensy back seat (the plastic parts broke off so it hurts like hell to pull on the little metal part barehanded)
4. Muffler (was half-assedly welded years ago and makes a brumpha brumph noise whenever I turn on the car)
5. Door to gas tank fell off (so now the little cap shows)
So I guess the window is a priority, since none of the other things contribute to my car getting wet BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING RAINING RIGHT NOW, or to the lessened security of my car, or to its looking ghetto (there's a trashbag instead of a window. A black trashbag. So let's hope it stops raining before it's time to leave the office or I'm a gettin' wet). I'm really just hoping these things will all accumulate into me having to get a new car. Although since I can't afford one right now, I'm only hoping in the fantasizing way. I'm REALLY hoping the car doesn't actually just fall apart one day.

I started the next book and what a trip it is! It's the book they made into a movie, The Hours by Michael Cunningham. I never saw the movie, so I felt safe reading the book. I hate reading books I've never read before if I've already seen the movie, because I just keep picturing the actors in my head. Also, I hate seeing movies after I've read the book, because the movie usually sucks in comparison, especially if the book is incredibly awesome. Like The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Book=Awesome, Movie=Crapoo. I haven't read the Da Vinci Code or seen the movie, so I'm not sure what I'll do there. Probably just see it when it shows up at Blockbuster because that option requires the least effort.

Anyway, The Hours. Whoa. I can't even describe how cool this book is. It did win the Pulitzer, so that should say something. It's just completely my kind of book. It's an homage to Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway, in that part is about Woolf writing Mrs. Dalloway, and the other parts are about women in different time periods (current day, the 50's) whose lives show aspects of the Mrs. Dalloway novel. I can't even describe how beautiful the writing is. Check this out: "Everything she sees feels as if it's pinned to the day the way etherized butterflies are pinned to a board." (pg. 141) Cool right?!?! The whole book is like that. I'm loving it so far, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Wow, doing all the html linking really took it out of me. That's all, folks.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=internet lock 5.0.3 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home